The Bhamuson Foundation is the brain-child of old school friends, Sheila Abia-Okon and Hauwa Bukky Nuru. Sheila Abia-Okon is a Chartered Engineer (Consultant) based in the UK and Hauwa Bukky Nuru a Chartered Accountant based in Nigeria.
They both hold Master’s degrees in their respective fields of study with a combined work experience of over 50 years. They are both alumni of Queen Elizabeth School, Ilorin, Kwara State and attended the boarding secondary school at the same time. Both are passionate mothers who understand the importance of giving each child a great start in life. They have both decided to collaborate after many years, to start this foundation to reach out to as many children as possible.
“…Our goal is to give children attending some of the most deprived primary schools in Nigeria a better start in life and a better chance to reach their full potential. We started this foundation as a way to give back to our community as we are both family-oriented individuals that believe in exploring the full potential of a child…”
- Identify schools in need of assistance.
- Raise funds and supervise projects directly.
- Provide educational equipment to support and enhance teaching.
- Provide books and textbooks to schools in remote areas.
- Repair and renovate, to provide a safe, clean, and stimulating environment in which to learn.
- Put smiles on the faces of these wonderful children!